Stikets Iron-on labels are thermally-adhesive. They do not contain any kind of glue or chemical adhesive. They simply adhere to the fabric because the heat during the ironing process allows the label to integrate with the piece of cloth. Thus, once they have been integrated into the garment, the labels become extra-resistant to the washing machine (max. 60 degrees) and dryer.
You can see the step-by-step application process in this video:
We recommend adjusting iron’s temperature to high, turn off the steam function, and empty water from the iron, and iron until the label is integrated into the fabric. Some irons have a higher maximum temperature than others, so it is important to make sure that the label has been fully integrated to the garment before you stop ironing.
One trick to know if the labels have been integrated is to make sure the texture of the clothing can be seen on the ironed label. In other words, when you slide your fingers over the applied label you should notice the textile “engraving” on top of the label.
We recommend ironing the label for 8 to 15 seconds, which is the time needed for most irons to transfer the required heat to the garment but, as mentioned above, the most important thing is to iron a few more seconds until you notice that the surface of the label acquires the shape of the fabric.
The most common reason for an Iron-on label getting detached from a garment is due to insufficient ironing time. It is also important to press down on the label with the iron, using back and forward movements. Another application issue could arise with humidity: it is important that the iron’s reservoir is empty of water and that the steam function switched off. We are confident these instructions will help you, but if you do not get an optimal result contact Stikets at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your order number, and we will help you solve any issue you may encounter.
Important instructions for applying Iron-on Labels:
- Adjust iron temperature to high.
- Turn off steam and empty the water tank.
- Place the parchment paper provided on top of the label.
- Iron label for 8 to 15 seconds.
- Carefully remove Iron-on Label from the support and place the label on a clean, dry clothing.
- Cover the Iron-on Label with the parchment paper provided.
- Iron without steam and at maximum temperature, pressing down on label using back and forward movements for 8 to 15 seconds.
- Do not iron directly on label. Always use silicon paper between iron and label.
- Make sure the texture of the clothing can be seen on the ironed label. Once the label is ironed, wait 24 hours before washing the item.
- If you use a steam generating iron, it is important to empty the water reservoir first.
- Recommended washing temperature is 30ºC, maximum 60ºC.
- If clothing is new, it should be washed before ironing the label onto it.
- For best results, use your Iron-on Labels within two years of purchase.